Silanization of glassware
- 5% solution of dichlorodimethylsilane in heptane (Sigma 85126-250ML)
- toluene dried with 4 Å molecular sieves
- methanol dried with 4 Å molecular sieves
PROCEDURE:1. Wash the glass with water and detergent, rinse thoroughly with water, distilled water and dry.
2. Fill the vessel up to 1/3 volume with a 5% solution of dichlorodimethylsilane in heptane.
3. Agitate for 15 minutes. Make sure that entire surface is wetted with reagent.
4. Remove the solution from the vessel.
5. Rinse 3 times with dry toluene.
6. Fill the vessel up to 1/3 volume with methanol and shake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove methanol.
8. Rinse well with methanol and acetone.